You are required to make a presentation on 1 European country (choose either Britain, Germany or France) with respect to the current issues of Multiculturalism and to write an essay on the topic "Islamism in Europe"
Your presentation shall contain the research based on the following:
1) evaluation of the speech of each leader
2) description the existing situation
3) the reasons and proposals by government (if any) or possible problem-solving
4) your own view on the question: Why are obvious solutions avoided?
Due to: October, 19
These links for week 3(France, Germany, Britain) contain useful information which might be supplemented by your own researches
Having observed the 1st post of the "Multiculturalism: Debates" "the Course Description" please get acquainted with the list of assignments you should prepare in order to succeed in the course. The course is devided in 4 parts: one part for each week accordingly.
The topics are the following:
1. Definitions of Multiculculturalism. Thinkers, theoretics of Multiculculturalism.
2. Arguments for and against Multiculturalism. As a sub-topic: Tolerance vs. Freedom of speech
3. Calamity of Multiculturalism in Europe (3 major European countries are facing great problems)
4. Case of Russia.
In order to succeed in the course students have to
- get acquainted with the introduced information conten
- take active participation in discussions and games
- form your own point of view on the current situation
Minimum requirements for passing this course are appropriate course participation, timely submission of coursework and attendance.
During the course you will be required:
- to make presentations;
- to participate in a game
- to prepare a statement;
- to pass an exam – a 300-word essay on any discussed aspect of this issue.
1) Active participation in practical sessions - 15%
2) Presentations (week1, week 3) - 40%
3) Participation in the game - 20%
4) Essays(week 2, week3, week 4) - 25%
5) Exam: Essay - 100% Total rating: Current rating*0,5 + Exam*0,5 0 /100 %